Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Best Way To Use Creatine

Creatine is a great supplement. I have used this in many different ways. But the best way to use creatine that I have found for building muscle is outlined in this post.
There are several different types of creatine but I want to talk about "creatine Monohydrate".
Creatine monohydrate is normally the cheapest on the market and it has been very effective for me.
To Load Or Not To Load?
There are mixed views when it comes to supplementing with creatine monohydrate. The biggest argument is weather or not to do a "Loading phase" with this product. To clarify, a loading phase is taking the creatine in a higher dosage during the first week or 5-7 days of the cycle. Some people suggest that this has no benefit. I have heard of people having stomach upsets from doing this also.
As I am in to finding the best results for me, I have tried both methods and also other suggested methods. but the best results have come from using a loading phase.
My Greatest Results Came From This Plan:
Creatine Monohydrate Plan
Week 1
LOADING PHASE - 5g taken 5 times every day for 7 days
Week 2 through to and including week 6
MAINTENANCE PHASE - 5g taken 2 times every day for 7 days
Week 7
TAPERING PHASE - 5g taken 2 times 4 days of this week (Every other day)
Week 8
TAPERING PHASE - 5g taken 2 times 3 days of this week (I did Mon, Wed, Fri)
When I use Monohydrate now, this is always the plan I follow. It gives me great results. I feel good effects (Fuller and stronger) by about week 3.
You will notice that there is a "Tapering phase" on this plan. I use this because I have in the past had great results but stopped and very quickly lost my gains and the effect of the creatine. By putting this tapering phase in, I noticed that I did not lose the gains I had achieved. After the 8 weeks I will have 6 weeks off and then "Rinse and repeat".
Another argument is that you do not have to cycle creatine. I can see why you would want to use it the full year through but personally I think it is good to give your body a rest from this supplement. If not for health reasons, for the health of your wallet!
To Sum Creatine Monohydrate Up
Creatine Monohydrate is a supplement that I really rate. I have had some good results with this. It is one of the cheapest types of creatine on the market. It is a good idea when buying a creatine monohydrate product to get it from a reputable source. As you may know there are a massive amount of companies and brands that get away with selling low quality products at high prices. A good indicator when looking for a creatine monohydrate product is if you can see the word "Creapure" on the label. I wouldn't waste money on something that wasn't a creapure brand. I have used this product with good effect, it's a good choice, cheap but good quality
I will also point out that this plan is the best that I have found works for me. There has been a lot of trial and error but if you are thinking of using creatine, you could use it as a starting point.
I would be interested to hear what you think and even more interested to hear of the results that you get if you decide to try this plan.
As always, comments welcome
All the best

No comments:

Post a Comment